PS036 QuickBooks error is a payroll error that usually appears while downloading QuickBooks Desktop and payroll updates. The error interrupts the update process by giving an error message, “There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription.” On the occurrence of this error, users can’t perform payroll operations such as managing salaries, employee benefits, and filing taxes. If you are also dealing with the same, jump to other sections of the blog to learn the root causes and quick resolutions to fix error PS036 in QuickBooks.
We understand resolving PS036 QuickBooks error on your own is a complicated task. We suggest getting in touch with the QuickBooks support team for immediate assistance to resolve the same by calling us on our 1.855.738.2784.
What are the prominent factors responsible for QuickBooks Desktop error PS036?
Here is the list of leading causes that trigger the error:
- QuickBooks Desktop and payroll are not updated to the latest releases.
- QuickBooks doesn’t have an active payroll subscription.
- There might be some damage to QuickBooks company data.
- The user has entered an incorrect service key while using QuickBooks payroll.
- Incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN) and PSID in the QuickBooks company file.
- Multiple payroll agreements are active in QuickBooks Desktop with an inactive Direct Deposit agreement.
You may read also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
Fixing QuickBooks error PS036 with Different Methods
Method 1. Validate payroll subscription in QuickBooks
- In QuickBooks, go to the Employees menu and choose My Payroll Service.
- Select Account/Billing Information and use Intuit Account credentials to log in.
- Look if the payroll service shows Active and then close the window.
Method 2. Try updating QuickBooks to the latest release to troubleshoot error PS036
- Close the QuickBooks data file, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application, and go to the Windows Start menu.
- Scroll the list of programs, look for the QuickBooks icon, and right-click it.
- Choose the Run as administrator option, move to the No Company Open window and choose the Help tab.
- From the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop and choose the Options menu.
- Select Mark All, click the Save button and choose the Update Now tab.
- Click on the Reset Update checkbox to clear previous QuickBooks updates and select Get Updates.
- Complete the update process, close and reopen QuickBooks, then accept the prompt to install the updates.
Method 3. Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml QuickBooks file
- Open the Windows Start menu, and type Run within the Windows search field to open the Run box.
- When the Run dialog box opens up, enter C:\ProgramDate\Intuit\EntitlementClient\V8 and press the Enter key.
- From the folder, look for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right-click it.
- Choose Delete, click Yes to confirm, and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and register the QuickBooks Desktop application again.
There are some instances when QuickBooks error PS036 reappears or doesn’t fix even after following the solutions. If you are also facing the same, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer support number 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended to read: How To Resolve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118