Who is a Neurologist?
A neurologist doctor is a specialist who diagnoses and treats a number of conditions pertaining to the nerves, brain, and spinal cord. Neurological conditions when they occur are not isolated incidents. They can either cripple or paralyse one-half of your body or your entire body. A neurological disease or condition can happen to anyone, children or adults. A neurological condition can reduce the quality of your life. Thus, neglecting a neurological condition is not advised and one can set up an online doctor consultation to get a prompt diagnosis for the condition.
Neurologist in Delhi
If the condition you currently have makes it difficult for you to carry out your daily physical activities or are unable to make time to visit a doctor in person, booking an appointment with a doctor online is the best solution. You can find the best neurologist in Delhi or from any part of the country on one platform. You can browse through their online profile; check out their years of experience, get an idea about their consultation slot timings and check their availability. Based on what you prefer you can go ahead and make your booking. Consultation fees are very affordable and start as low as INR 400.
How Do Neurologists Diagnose a Patient’s Condition?
A neurologist is an expert adviser when it comes to the nervous system. He has undergone years of education and disciplined training to understand how the nervous system functions. In order to provide you with a detailed diagnosis of your condition, an experienced neurologist will ask you preliminary questions about your current symptoms, previous medical history and overall family history. He/she will also carry out a few neurological tests that help determine the status of your nervous system on the following parameters:
- Mental health
- Ability to see, hear and talk
- Muscle strength
- Response to different sensations
- Gait, reflex, balance and coordination
- Blood and urine tests
- Genetic testing
- Imaging studies
A neurologist can help treat your condition by prescribing physical therapy, medications or other methods based on the severity of the condition.
Conditions that a Neurologist Treats
A neurologist treats a wide array of conditions that can affect the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These are:
- Chronic Headaches: Experiencing multiple headaches in a week that don’t get resolved with over-the-counter medications might need expert advice
- Migraines: A migraine attack is very painful and can make you feel debilitated for days. A neurologist helps you to identify triggers and prescribe medications that can prevent a future attack.
- Multiple Sclerosis: When this condition impacts the spinal cord and brain it causes weakness, numbness and a tingling sensation.
- Epilepsy/Seizure: This condition referred to as an epileptic attack causes abnormal sensations and movements. The most common sign is that a person loses consciousness.
- Parkinson’s disease: This is marked by stiffness, lack of coordination and tremors. The brain is unable to work properly and produce the dopamine needed to control body movement.
- Stroke: When the supply of blood to the brain is disrupted, a stroke takes place. A lack of healthy blood supply will cause the blood cells to die. This will make it difficult for you to control emotions, there will be troubled speech and it can paralyse a part of your body. Recovering from a stroke can only be done with the help of a skilled neurologist who will advise you to take certain timely medications.
Other conditions treated by a neurologist are encephalitis, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, concussion, encephalitis, meningitis, myasthenia gravis, brain tumour, and sleep disorders (such as sleep apnea).
Signs That You Need to Visit a Neurologist
Some symptoms can happen as an isolated event and they are an indication of a sudden failure on the part of your health. But if you have a general predisposition to experience one or more of these symptoms in a recurrent manner, you could be dealing with something serious and must see a neurologist at the earliest. These are:
- Seizures and or tremors
- Trouble with your vision
- Memory fog, forgetfulness
- Numerous cases of loss of consciousness
- Distorted smell or taste
- Tingling sensation and numbness
- Facial asymmetry or facial paralysis
- Vertigo, tinnitus, deafness
- Difficulty swallowing or tongue movements
- Hoarse voice
- Muscle weakness, spasms and cramps
- Slowness in movement
- Severe neck or back pain and frequent headaches
- An imbalance in gait
Some of these symptoms mentioned above can make it difficult for you to step out of your home and visit a neuro specialist doctor in person. Enjoy the convenience of getting your diagnosis from the comfort of your home with online doctor consultation. It’s easy, time-saving, cost-saving and hassle-free.
If you are a resident of Delhi or travelling to the city for work or pleasure, you can easily book an online doctor consultation on the Bajaj Finserv Health App with the best neurologist in Delhi. This can be an effective option if you are travelling on a tight schedule. A person living in Delhi knows how traffic congestion can make it difficult to reach your destination on time. Now with this online facility, you can get a quick first or second opinion for your neurological condition based on symptoms you have been experiencing off-late.
Go to homepage