A major reason why people prefer QuickBooks is the multi-user mode. It also has many features useful only when there is internet connectivity. However, a few issues might arise. But don’t worry if you get stuck with the multi-user and networking issues while you try to access your company file. QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool helps you to solve all errors which occur due to external or internal glitches. The workstations often lose contact with the company files present on a server system. This creates a lot of trouble as all work that is in the process comes to a halt. But the Connection Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks works miraculously in this problem.
Merits of the QuickBooks Diagnostic Connection Tool
- Helps resolve several QB Errors that may take place at the time of QuickBooks installation.
- Its use may resolve some of the issues automatically.
- Saves a lot of time and effort.
When Should You Use Connection Diagnostic Tool For QuickBooks?
The latest version of the QuickBooks diagnostic connection tool fixes multiple issues. This is especially true when the errors are related to the non-functioning QuickBooks Database Server Manager. It also happens due to misconfigured Windows Firewall as per the QuickBooks version installed on the computer.
- The Connection Diagnostic Tool fixes damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company files which do not allow the users to access them.
- Apart from that, this tool troubleshoots the error if the Vendor list and Customer list are empty in QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks diagnostic connection tool is also useful if outdated changes are made in the entries.
- Also, the Connection Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks efficiently fixes the H-series(H101, H202, H505) errors in Multi-user mode & 6000 series.
- The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool also helps when a virus or malware attack affects the QuickBooks’ performance.
There are many errors that the Connection Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks resolves. Let us elaborateon the list:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager connectivity errors.
- QB 6000- series of errors ( 6150, 6000-82, 6000-301, 6147, and 6103).
- QB multi-user mode errors ( H101, H303, H202, and H505).
- Windows Firewall port issues.
- Damaged files in the Windows Registry.
- Missing QB files that afflict connection with the workstations.
Downloading the Connection Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks:
We can understand that you want to get this uber-useful tool. Let us now provide the steps to proceed with QuickBooks diagnostic connection tool download.
First, we need to specify that the Connection Diagnostic Tool QuickBooks must be downloaded from the official website.
- After that, you need to save the setup file in the system.
- Next, the installer named QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.must be opened.
- Also, please put a stop to all the programs running in the background.
- To start the installation process, you must click on QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.
- After that, reboot the program and proceed to the next step.
- Once you reboot, please remove the background applications
- The errors that are present in your system get automatically removed by the software.
Also Read: QuickBooks File Doctor
Installing the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool:
After downloading the tool, you proceed to install it. Follow the steps enlisted below for installation of the tool::
- First of all, ensure that the tool is not an outdated version. In case it is so, then uninstall it so that it does not hamper the smooth functioning of your system.
- Next, visit the OEM website and download the installation package
- Now take out the files from the system.
- Once the setup is open, start following the instructions you see on the screen.
- Open the tool after the installation process has ended.
- Go to the directory that takes up your affected company file with the drop-down list’s help.
- If a single user uses the software, you need not have the network connectivity option. However, any error can occur due to connectivity issues.
- Enter the admin password when the message box appears on the screen
- Click OK.
- Select between the host system or a workstation PC.
- Finally, wait till the company file completes the repair.
Setting Up Connection Diagnostic Tool in QB:
Given below are the steps you need to follow to set up the Connection Diagnostic Tool:
- First of all click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Do not open the corrupted file instantly.
- After that, go to the Utilities> Repair file> Network problems.
- Next, you need to allow collecting the personal information related to QuickBooks and its data, click on Yes.
- Now head for the folder which contains the company file. After that, open the one impacted file.
- Next, select the Show Advanced settings option
- A list of items appears on the screen as a drop-down box
- Select the issue that you are facing.
- You need to enter the valid QB login ID and Password
- Then choose the QB connection diagnostic tool.
- You need to wait till the repair of the company file is complete.
- Finally, reopen the application and continue with the work.
Using the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool:
You can use the connection diagnostic tool by the following procedure:
- Diagnose Connection Tab: This tab allows you to check the system setup. It helps to ensure that a company file can be used on any other system. This includes both a single-user mode and a multi-user mode. If you do not have proper permissions or if your system firewall blocks functions, errors may pop up.
- Firewall Status: This informs you about the basic instructions of the system firewall.
- Test Connectivity: This helps you to diagnose and scan the connectivity of your computer system.
Steps for Testing the Connectivity of the Computer:
- First of all click on the icon near the Company File field to search for your company file
- If the network setup is available in Alternate mode then try to use the Linux system.
- Select the Change Hosting Server checkbox.
- First, ensure that every status appears as “Not Applicable”. The color should be blue. After that, initiate the connectivity test.
- When you run the test, the status should appear in green. This signifies that there are no threats. However, red denotes threat.
- After that, hit the Test Connectivity option.
- If the file’s Open status displays in Red, understand that the test didn’t live up.
- Next, click on “what do these mean?”
- Run the diagnostic tool once the issue resolves. This helps you detect more issues if present.
- If the whole process ends successfully, repeat the steps mentioned above on all systems.
- The diagnostic tool will take some time to complete and fix all possible issues. This depends on the network speed and the company file’s size.
To conclude, the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a life saver for connection issues. Since connectivity is a major reason why people prefer QuickBooks, this tool does become relevant. Just follow the steps in the blog for QuickBooks diagnostic connection tool download. You can also refer to our blog for using the tool. Stay tuned for more updates on QuickBooks issues.
Visit For More Blogs: Apexarticle