Every business organisation wishes to keep all its essential data safely, and there are various tools available for it. The QuickBooks accounting application provides a unique way forenterprises to back up their data stored in the company file.
QB users often face severe problems while backing up their data stored in the .QBW file and a new error with the name ‘QuickBooks Backup Failed’ shows up on the screen.
This blog will help you find permanent solutions for this error in easy and effective steps.
Do you want instant support for resolving the QuickBooks Backup Failed Problem? Just dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Unable to Backup Company File Error in QB: Fundamental Causes
The Unable to Backup Company File Error in QB arises due to the fundamental factors listed below:
- Non-availability of the external storage device and the presence of any damage or corruption in the company file quickly provoke this backup error.
- If the company file size has exceeded a certain limit or if you have set up an incorrect backup path, then you will not be able to successfully backup your .QBW file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 12157
How to Make Sure That the QB Desktop Company File Backup Error is Rectified Easily?
The QB Desktop Company File Backup Error can be resolved by using the following solutions:
Solution 1: Ensure proper execution of the Rebuild Data tool to eliminate any data damage on your company file
- Firstly, you must choose your desired company file, and then you should launch it to strike on the ‘Utilities’ option shown under the ‘File’ menu.
- Immediately hit the ‘Rebuild Data’ tab, and then you just have to click on the ‘OK’ button in the newly-opened ‘QuickBooks Information’ window.
- When the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool finishes its entire execution, you must hit the ‘OK’ button to navigate back to the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Now, you can tap on the ‘Verify Data’ tool so that your company file is scanned for any data problems, and if any such issues are detected by this tool, you must swiftly hit the ‘Rebuild Now’ tab to eradicate those problems efficiently.
Solution 2: Make sure to have a correct path for the backup company file on your QB application
- To correctly verify the path of the backup file, you need to tap on the ‘Preferences’ tab located under the ‘Edit’ menu in QuickBooks Desktop, and thereafter, you have to move towards the ‘Backup Options’ section.
- Now, you can verify the backup directory by scanning the ‘Local Backup Only’ section in the window, and you should ensure that the backup path that is mentioned here is valid.
- If you detect that the backup path is invalid, you can easily strike the ‘Browse’ button to change the location for saving your backup company file.
These solutions will surely help you to effectively get rid of the QuickBooks Backup Failed Error if you diligently implement them in the correct sequence. If you need more technical support for this issue or any other error, feel free to dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Read more: QuickBooks Not Opening