The QuickBooks software lets users perform business and accounting functions in a hassle-free way. The application provides various features to provide ease to its users. But just like any other software, QuickBooks can sometimes experience errors and bugs. If you are unable to open QuickBooks, there can be a few reasons why the issue occurs. Problems with the registration file are an apparent reason for the QuickBooks not opening problem. In this article, If you are unable to open QuickBooks, there can be a few reasons why the issue occurs we are going to discuss this issue in detail along with its reasons and solutions.
You can get in touch with our technical team for assistance in case you are unable to resolve the issue on your own.
Why Am I Unable to Open QuickBooks Desktop?
The QB will not open issue can be caused due to the following factors –
- Your system’s hard drive is damaged or corrupted, and unable to open QuickBooks.
- Your company file name exceeds the maximum permissible limit, and you need to modify it.
- The Windows OS is incompatible with your current QuickBooks version.
- Your QuickBooks installation process was faulty, or QuickBooks is not completely installed.
- The QBWUSER.INI registration file is either damaged or corrupted.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 12157
Resolving the QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open Issue Reliably
If you can’t open the QuickBooks Desktop app, follow these solutions to resolve the issue –
Solution 1 – Utilize the Built-In Feature in Your Windows and Repair QuickBooks
Repair the damaged Windows application by using the built-in feature and fix the QuickBooks will not open issue.
- Firstly, create a company file backup to prevent data loss and then restart your system.
- From the Windows Start menu, access the Control Panel and choose the Programs and Features option to uninstall the program.
- Search for QuickBooks from the list of programs and click on the Uninstall/Change
- Click on Continue and select Repair to finish the process, followed by restarting the system.
Solution 2 – Disable QuickBooks from Opening Automatically from the No Company Open Window
When QuickBooks is set to open the company file automatically, QuickBooks can get stuck in a loop. To fix this issue, you need to disable the automatic option.
- Press the Ctrlkey while clicking on the QB icon till the No Company Open window appears.
- Let go of the Ctrlkey and choose the latest data file you want to work for, and hit the Open button to access it.
Solution 3 – Activate the QuickBooks Tool Utility and Mend the Issues with your Application
You need to access the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the Quick Fix my Program tool from the Program Problems tab. Let the tool run a quick repair and fix the issue causing the QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start issue. Once done, reopen your QuickBooks application and check the status of the error.
You can easily resolve the QuickBooks not opening issue by following the solutions provided above. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 and get it fixed with immediate assistance from our support team.
Also read: QuickBooks Keeps Closing