Today’s time is the most advanced in terms of technology and creativity. These two factors have led to long distances having turned so short that they are just a click away because no matter where a person is present physically. High-speed Internet and high-definition cameras have erased the distances people before the 21st century used to suffer from.
They had to depend upon real-time traveling, which was expensive and took a very long time to go from one place to another. Still, now people can just video call each other on various greatest online education learning platforms available. And this change has seeped into the teaching sector. Before the digital era, students and teachers had to come to school physically.
A large class was overcrowded, which made it very difficult for the students to understand the concepts properly. Still, many universities are offering the get the best eLearning platforms, which is a great initiative as it decreases many difficulties in the lives of both teachers and students.
Why Are Physical Classrooms Outdated?
- The old institution of education was formed when there was not enough technology in the hands of people, and that is why the best education method was to gather teachers and students in a room, and then teachers can impart knowledge to the students by speaking and interacting with them, but that doesn’t mean that the new education system should also follow this method.
- This education system was dependent upon traveling. Many kids could not complete their education because either they live far away from the school or their family was not supporting them to go to school as they couldn’t afford the expenses.
- But now there is enough technology and infrastructure present to support the finest virtual classroom platform, which can connect teachers and students in a much more effective and efficient way than the old education system.
Advantages Of Online Learning Over Physical Classroom
- In an online class, no matter how far away teachers are physically but virtually, they are always in front of students. Whenever a student wants to ask a question, he can click the microphone button and talk to the teachers.
- For attending classes, students and teachers don’t have to dress up and travel every day to school as they used to, now they can turn on their devices and attend their classes.
- Before the Internet, students had to buy hard copy of books, but now they can download e-books and own the whole library of their school or college on their device without any delay.
There are various reasons to use online education portals. Many hardships like traveling, traffic, dressing up in uniform, and waste were minimized for both teachers and students. Kids who couldn’t get educated because of the long distance can now get their education through computers irrespective of their place. Many universities have made a course dashboard through which a student can take classes anywhere and at any time, which is helpful for those who cannot attend classes at normal times.