While using QuickBooks, users at times, face issues in operating the application wherein QuickBooks keeps crashing or closes all of a sudden while using it. This issue sometimes emerges with an error message and sometimes without one. The QuickBooks crashing issue makes the user panic and they don’t know why it is happening and how to address it. If you are a QuickBooks user encountering this issue, keep reading this article to know how to resolve the problem with the help of a few effective solutions.
If you are unable to understand the steps and need help in resolving the issue, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance from our technical team.
QuickBooks Opens and then Closes Immediately: Why Does This Happen?
The reasons behind the QuickBooks crashing problem can be –
- An anti-virus or a 3rd party app is interfering with QuickBooks.
- There is some damage to the QBWUSER.ini file.
- When the company file you are trying to access is damaged, the QuickBooks crashing error will arise.
- Your system is incompatible with the QuickBooks application.
- The QuickBooks installation is not properly done or is incomplete.
Recommended to read : QuicBooks Error 6129
Solutions for Fixing the QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Issue
If your QuickBooks closes unexpectedly, follow the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Turn the Anti-virus Off
If you are using a 3rd party app or an anti-virus program, turn it off from the Control Panel of your computer to stop it from interfering with QuickBooks. Now, try accessing QuickBooks again and see if the crashing has stopped.
Solution 2 – Rename the ECML and .ini Files
Fix the issues in your QBWUSER.ini file and the data entitlement file by renaming them.
- Open the .ini file from the C drive and right-click on it.
- Select Rename and add .OLD add the end of the file name.
- Now, rename the entitlementdatastore.ecml file too.
- Restart the system and launch QuickBooks to see if the QuickBooks crashing issue is fixed.
Solution 3 – Change the .ND and .TLG File Names
If your QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, there might be some issues in the network data or transaction log files.
- Go to the QuickBooks company file directory and find the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Right-click on them and select Rename to change the file names.
- Rename them by adding .OLD to the file names and save the changes.
- Try opening the company file again and see if the issue is rectified.
Solution 4 – Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Run the file doctor from the QuickBooks Tool hub to perform a repair to your QuickBooks application. Select Company File issues from the tools hub and browse for the company file. Initiate the repair process and once done, open QuickBooks and try to access the company file again.
The above solutions will help you in fixing the QuickBooks keeps crashing issue effectively. If the problem persists, you might need advanced troubleshooting. Contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our support team in fixing the issue.
This blog is posted on apexarticle.com