Maintenance and pool cleaning of community pools: how, when, and why
Pool Cleaning is always a necessary and essential task for any location, home, or company, among others. This importance rises when the place to be cleaned is public or its frequency of visitors is high.
This is the case of community pools, whether they are private in urbanizations or residential, or municipal. Next, the SCS Group Integrated Services technicians will explain how to carry out pool cleaning and maintenance.
- 1 What to consider for the maintenance of community pools?
- 2 What level of water is suitable for each pool?
- 3 How to properly maintain the pool water?
- 3.1 Do you need pool maintenance and cleaning? Contact SCS Group Integrated Services!
What to consider for the maintenance of community pools?
Community or municipal swimming pools have certain points in their operation and elements that must be a priority over the rest for their maintenance. These are:
- Pool cleaning.
- Water sanitation and pH measurement.
- Review of chlorine levels.
- Care and conservation of filters.
- Periodic maintenance of its complementary elements: lawn, tiles,…
What level of water is suitable for each pool?
Each pool has its optimum water level, which changes depending on the shape and diameter of the pool. Specific:
- Rectangular pool: you have to multiply the length by the width and by the average depth.
- Round pool: diameter must multiply the diameter, by the average depth, and the result by the Coefficient 0.785.
- Oval pool: you have to multiply the length by the width and by the average depth. The result must be multiplied by coefficient 0.89.
How to properly maintain pool water?
In order for the pool water to have the appropriate levels of chlorine, pH and be healthy, certain circumstances and elements must be taken into account. We explain them below:
- Winter storage: first of all, you need to know if the pool has been winterized or not. This consists of applying a good chemical treatment to the water so that it is properly maintained during the winter.
- Yes, it has been winterized: if the pool has been winterized and is maintained with chlorine, the pH must be adjusted, quick-dissolving chlorine must be added, the anti-algae product applied and the flocculant added.
On the other hand, if it is kept with salt, the pH level must also be regulated, followed by the measurement of the salt level. Then you have to add the quick-dissolving chlorine, turn on and regulate the salt chlorinator and activate the purifier between every 10 and 12 hours.
- It has not been winterized: if the pool has not been winterized, it must be emptied and the walls and bottom cleaned, besides activating the filtering system for this. We then filled the pool to the recommended level; the pH is adjusted, and the quick-dissolving chlorine is added.
From SCS Group Integrated Services we recommend that cleaning and maintenance professionals be the ones who deal with these tasks since they can approach them from a much more comfortable and specific method and perspective. Do you need pool maintenance and cleaning? Contact SCS Group Integrated Services!