QuickBooks allows multiple users to operate the QB application in a multi-user hosting mode. But sometimes, errors occur that prevent the user from accessing QuickBooks. One such error is the QuickBooks error 80040408 that arises due to incorrect settings or configuration of the application. There are many possible reasons why the error code occurs in QuickBooks Desktop. If you are facing QuickBooks multi-user issues, follow the steps provided in this article to resolve the error effectively.
You can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of experts if you are unable to resolve the error on your own.
Reasons Why You Could Not Start QuickBooks
Possible reasons for the QuickBooks doesn’t start error 80040408 are –
- You have turned the QuickBooks quick start option on.
- Some other user is trying to access QuickBooks in a single-user mode.
- Your QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running or is inactive.
- QuickBooks is set up to open a particular company file causing it to open multiple files.
- Ensure that the company file path and location are correct.
- Verify that the name chosen for the QuickBooks company file is matching with the file on your computer.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Addressing the QuickBooks Error Code 80040408 with Effective Steps
If you are experiencing the QuickBooks Desktop error 80040408, you can follow the steps provided in this article
Step 1. Turn the QuickBooks Quick Start Feature Off from the General Tab
Firstly, go to the General tab to select the My Preferences menu and uncheck the Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups option. After you disable the quick start feature, Verify that the name chosen for the QuickBooks company file is matching with the file on your computer. rerun QuickBooks to check the status of the error code.
Step 2. Enable the Database Manager and the Synchronizer with the Configuration Tool
You can run the QQube configuration tool to enable the QuickBooks manager service and eliminate the QuickBooks error message 80040408.
- Open theQQube Configuration Tool and click on the Database Server Manager to go to the Show More
- Check mark the Synchronizerand Database Manager options to enable the services, and once done, rerun QuickBooks.
Step 3. Change the QuickBooks Company File Path with the Configuration Tool
Open the QQube Configuration Tool and select the QuickBooks company list to change the file path. Select the Change Path option from the bottom-right corner to browse and locate the company file. Once done, re-launch QuickBooks and open the company file again to fix the QuickBooks company file error 80040408.
Step 4. Ensure that QuickBooks is not Set Up to Open a Specific Company File
Make sure to open QuickBooks with the No Company File selected as if there is already a company file selected in the application. This way, you disable QuickBooks from opening multiple files and fix the QuickBooks doesn’t start issue.
You can easily rectify the QuickBooks error 80040408 by using the steps provided in this article. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our support team.
Read more: QuickBooks Not Opening