In today’s advanced world, technology is growing with each passing day. The construction is not behind in this instance. From construction methods to advanced machinery, everything is progressing rapidly.
The remote monitoring system in the construction industry is providing many benefits, especially for the equipment fleet owners. The system provides a number of advanced tools that help in boosting the productivity, efficiency, and safety of construction machinery. The remote monitoring system offers the latest technologies such as telematics, GPS, and CASE SiteWatch which remarkably getting accepted in the industry.
Using these technologies, the contractors and fleet owners make their construction equipment more efficient and productive. Telematics help used equipment trader keeps all the records of the machine and tells him when it needs the repair whereas the GPS system locates the location of the machine where it was working.
Among hundreds of benefits, we have gathered some most common benefits of a remote monitoring system for heavy equipment, in this article.
Common benefits of the remote monitoring system
The smart world needs a smarter solution and smarter technologies. The remote monitoring system makes the construction industry smarter with its advanced technologies. It further helps cut the maintenance cost, and unplanned downtime expenses by providing more productivity and efficiency. Here are some benefits of shifting to the remote monitoring system.
- The system helps in keeping and preserving all the records.
- It helps in keeping the digital record without needing paper.
- You can access the required data wherever and whenever you want.
- GPS system helps you locate your equipment from anywhere.
- Timely monitor the performance by checking the fuel consumption, coolant temperature, etc.
- Keep the usage record including running hours, idling time, and other wear and tear history.
- Helps you in early detection of damage in the machine.
- Allow the maintenance provider to check the machine’s working condition from far away.
- When it comes to having a used machine, it entertains you to check the machine’s history.
- You can get an automatic reminder for scheduled maintenance.
- You can easily foresee the driver’s operation habits and skills.
- You can lock or unlock the machine by staying in your own space.
- Get an early reminder for fuel change, and parts replacements so that you may save yourself from future costs.
- You can keep an eye on the machine and can set a warning alarm if it is being theft, you will suddenly be notified.
The bottom line
In this article, we have discussed some benefits of using a remote monitoring system in heavy construction equipment. The system is the latest and most advanced approach in the construction industry that makes it more sustainable and unconventional. The remote monitoring system provides the leverage of a number of technologies to the used equipment trader including GPS, and telematics, that helps in improving the working capacity of the equipment. You can keep the record and history of the equipment such as the running hours, fuel consumption and engine usage, etc. whereas the GPS system help in locating the equipment where it is being used.