QuickBooks error H303 is the frequently arising H series error. It appears on the screen due to misconfiguration in the multi-user network when a user tries to switch QuickBooks to multi-user mode. When the error code H303 triggers, a warning message appears on the screen saying, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” This blog is intended to educate you on the root causes of error H303 in QuickBooks and solutions to fix it, so stay connected until the end.
If you encounter QuickBooks error H303 while switching to multi-user mode and looking for assistance to fix it, dial our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What are the leading causes of error H303 in QuickBooks?
- Computer other than the server is hosting the company file.
- Damaged QuickBooks components and configuration are other reasons causing the error.
Recommended to read: How to Safely Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1723
Proven Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Multi-User error H303
Solution 1. Fix error H303 by reconfiguring hosting settings
- Go to the workstation getting error H303 and open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Move to the File menu instead of opening the company file and select the Utilities option.
- If you see the Host Multi-User Access option under Utilities, don’t click it.
- Go to the next workstation, if you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option there, click it.
- Go to other workstations one by one getting error H303 and repeat the same workstations.
- Now, go to your server computer, the one hosting the company file and open QuickBooks.
- Select the File menu, choose Utilities and click the Host Multi-User Access option. Do not click the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
Solution 2. Resolve server issues by running QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QB Tool Hub
- Quit the QuickBooks Desktop application, visit Intuit’s official website and download the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Once the setup file downloads, save it to an easily approachable location like Windows Desktop.
- Go to Desktop, locate and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and perform the instructions that prompt on the screen.
- Complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation by accepting the terms and conditions and open the tool hub by clicking the icon on your desktop.
- When the QB Tool Hub opens, choose the Network Issues tab and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Make sure QuickBooks is installed on your server computer otherwise, you will be prompted to install it.
- Choose your company file folder from the server manager and click Start Scan. If you can’t find it, click Browse to search for it on the computer.
- Click Start Scan, let the repair complete and click Close.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application, go to the File menu and select the Switch to Multi-User Mode option.
We are hopeful that the troubleshooting solutions listed above will help you eliminate QuickBooks error H303. If you are left behind with the same issue even after following the solutions, dial 1-855-856-0042 and connect with certified QuickBooks professionals.