Rats are the pest that most frequently affects not only businesses or commercial premises but also country residences or homes with direct contact with the outside.
For this reason, at SCS Group Cleaning Solution we know that we must not only act against the plague but also prevent it and carry out protective actions to prevent it from appearing.
- 1 What to do to protect a place or space from a plague of rats?
- 1.1 How not to allow rats or rodents to enter the interior of the home, premises or farm?
- 1.2 How to prevent rodents or rats from appearing around a community or home?
- 1.3 Do you need more information about this type of pest and its solutions? Do you live in Sydney? Contact SCS Group Cleaning for pest control solutions!
What to do to protect a place or space from a plague of rats?
To make everything much simpler and more practical, we have divided the advice according to the space or place that you want to protect. Thus, we can determine:
How not to allow rats or rodents to enter the interior of the home, premises, or farm?
- Keep the rooms clean, tidy, and free of waste or food remains.
- Store and order objects or food from anywhere.
- Seal holes or cracks through which rodents could enter.
- Clean the inside of storage units and arrange them differently when they are refurbished.
- Keep the house clean and tidy: The accumulation of dirt and junk, clothes, paper… uncontrolled can serve as a source of food and shelter for rodents.
- Store food in closed-resistant containers or cupboards, cleaning and eliminating the remains of scattered food.
- Store garbage in resistant, closed, airtight containers.
- Check heat sources such as heating, water heaters, and kitchen.
- Proper design and maintenance of drains and sanitation systems to avoid attracting rodents.
- Place barriers along cables and pipes to prevent the passage of rodents.
- We must seal holes and cracks with rodent-resistant materials.
- A constant level of cleanliness must be maintained, especially in areas where food is handled and/or consumed ( Dining rooms and Kitchens ).
- In places where food accumulates ( Pantries and Kitchens ), change their position every 2 months and isolate them in such a way that they are not accessible to rodents.
- The doors and windows of the building must be ensured that they close well, with a minimum gap with the ground and made of rodent-resistant material, to prevent their entry.
- Rooms, children’s classrooms … should be as empty as possible of school supplies, books, toys, stuffed animals… to avoid accumulations that serve as hiding places. Do not store food in them even if they are in closed plastic containers. Store plasticine, crayons, cellulose material (toilet paper, wet or dry wipes….), and glue in resistant, airtight boxes.
- Do not leave leftover food for pets.
How do prevent rodents or rats from appearing around a community or home?
- Do not leave accumulated debris, garbage or waste. It must deposit these in their corresponding container.
- Prevent water from accumulating in basements, patios, and basements of buildings.
- Cover community water tanks with mosquito netting.
- Cover and cover the sinks of the farm.
- Cover with a metal grid the windows that give access to the basement or lower areas of the property.
- Regularly clean possible open areas and those located outside the building. These areas can be a place of refuge for rodents.
- Avoid placing trees or vegetation near the windows and doors of the building or the farm. Do you need more information about this type of pest and its solutions? Do you live in Sydney? Contact SCS Group Cleaning Solution!