TurboTax is a popular tax preparation software that is used to file income tax returns. TurboTax has a different version of the software available for every income group. It starts with a simple free version to file state federal taxes to TurboTax deluxe vs premier version. You can choose and download the application on your computer and smartphone according to your requirements. Here we will have look at the detailed process to download and install TurboTax without a CD. The process is simple, you can visit the official website and download any version you want to use. Go to the downloads tab and select the intuit account that must be at the bottom of the screen. Click on download. You will see a list of options here, click on the box beside the deluxe version there is another version that you want to download.
Let’s have a look at the steps on how to download the TurboTax software without a CD. You receive a CD while purchasing the TurboTax software, in case you do not have the CD or do not want to get the CD. You can visit the official website official the steps are mentioned below.
Steps to download TurboTax:
- Go to the official page to download and purchase the TurboTax software.
- Pay for the version you want to download and access the downloads.
- Then sign in to your TurboTax account using the same credentials you must have used to purchase the software.
- Go to your TurboTax account and select the download tab.
- Then select the version you want to download and click on save.
- Then save the file in your device at the desired location.
Thereafter, you can install the TurboTax application by double-clicking on the downloaded file and following the on-screen process.
Steps to install TurboTax:
- Follow the steps mentioned above and then go to the saved file location.
- Then make a double click to view the option.
- Click on install to complete the process, and click on finish.
The process is simple to follow but you have to be careful while entering the information. But sometimes you can face errors while downloading or installing the application and find TurboTax not working or TurboTax Update not working. Let’s have a look at some of the common troubleshooting ways to fix the error and complete the installation process.
Ways to fix TurboTax not working:
- Make sure that your system is equipped with the TurboTax version you are installing.
- If you face any error while downloading, run TurboTax as Administrator.
- Quit all the applications running in the background.
- Try changing the TMP and TEMP variables if the application is not working.
- Free some space on your hard drive by cleaning it.
- Ensure that your Windows and drivers are updated.
- Check if the hard drive is error-free to ensure proper working.
Follow the steps and process mentioned above and the Turbotax not working properly. Although if you still find any errors and the application does not work smoothly. You can relaunch the TurboTax software. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to relaunch TurboTax software:
- The first step is to click on the start a new return button.
- Then select the taxes tab of the report.
- Now you have to download the reports to save them.
- Then close the TurboTax application.
- Thereafter, relaunch the TurboTax software.
- Open the file and check if the issue has been resolved.
The software will be downloaded again and you can start over the process of installing it.