Is the Canon Printer Offline Error making you crazy? It’s not always easy to print, and there may occasionally be frustrating technical difficulties that arise as you work on it. Among its many problems, the Canon Printer Offline Error is the one that drives you crazy when it pauses to perform a print job.
This post will provide some causes to figure out precisely what’s wrong with your Canon printer. These are Various solutions for Canon printer offline fixes, along with step-by-step instructions.
Find The Causes of the Canon Printer Offline Issue?
Why does my Canon printer indicate it is offline? Various factors could cause the printer’s inability to function. But the user must be aware of these causes of the Canon printer offline issue. Below is a summary of the typical causes of this issue:
- Your Canon printer may stop working because the default printer settings are incorrect.
- Printers may enter offline status if the Offline Status option is not disabled.
- This offline issue could be the result of a printer spooler technical malfunction.
- You may experience the “Offline” error due to the Canon printer’s printed sheets getting stuck.
- A weak USB connection between the computer and the printer caused by faulty wiring may provide an “Offline” error.
- An improper connection may sever the wifi router to cause the error.
- Or complete lack of connectivity between the computer and the router, leading to an “offline” error.
- After an upgrade, printer drivers no longer support updated Windows.
Methods To Repair The Canon Printer Offline Error?
You might pick “Print” when you want to print a document from your preferred printer, and sometimes nothing happens. Several effective fixes for Canon Printer Offline are available for your convenience. In this section, all such approaches are described. Try to solve the problem independently by following each step of the solution.
1: Reconnect your device to the wifi
- Find and press your Canon printer’s wifi button.
- Hold it there until the wifi light starts to blink.
- Press the router’s WPS button as soon as the wifi light starts to blink blue continually.
- The LED will continue to flicker while the accessible networks are looked for and joined to the access points.
- The light will continue to be on after the device is connected.
2: Manually set “Online” on the printer.
- Choose the Control Panel, followed by Devices and Printers, from the Start menu, located in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Select “See what’s printed” from the context menu by right-clicking the printer.
- It uses the menu bar at the top of the window; select “Printer.”
- The drop-down box will allow you to choose “Use Printer Online.”
3: Disable The Option To Print Offline
- Click “Control Panel” after selecting “Start” from your computer’s keyboard menu.
- Locate the “Hardware and Sound” option and click on it.
- The following action is to select “Devices and Printers.”
- Next, select “See what’s printed” from the menu when you right-click on your Canon printer.
- Then select “Printer.” You can choose to use your printer offline from the drop-down menu. De-check it.
- After that, select “Cancel all papers.”
- To check that the Canon printer offline error has been resolved, reconnect your Canon printer and issue a print command.
4: Rest your Offline Printer
- Long-press the power button on your Canon printer to turn off the device.
- You can also unplug your Canon printer’s power cable as an alternative.
- After some time, turn on your printer by pressing and holding the power button or connecting the power line.
- Permit the device to restart.
- To see if the error still exists, issue a print command.
5: Reset Your Network
- Using a functional USB cable, join your printer to your computer directly.
- Navigate to your printer’s control panel.
- Start the “Network Reset” procedure using the network configuration wizard on the panel.
- To connect your device to the network, run the “Wireless Setup Wizard” at this point.
6: Driver Update for Printers
- On your computer, hit “Windows” and “R” simultaneously.
- Type “MSC” into the “Run” dialogue box, then press the “Enter” key.
- Next, select “Device Manager,” then click “Print queues” from the submenu.
- Choose the “Update driver” from the context menu when you right-click on the printer hardware.
- A window asking, “How do you wish to search for drivers?” will appear.
- To proceed, choose “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- You must restart your computer after updating the Canon printer driver.
Everything concerning the Canon printer offline issue, including its many causes and solutions, is covered in this post. We sincerely hope our step-by-step instructions helped you fix your Canon printer’s offline problem. In case, none of these solutions solve the problem, you can contact the Canon printer’s technical support team for help.