It looks like the best way to change Microsoft Live Mail to the MBOX format. This is because Windows Live Mail is a very old email account. But MBOX is a file type that many accounts, like Thunderbird and others, can open when you export Windows Live Mail to MBOX. You can look at your data from many different email clients.
Remember all the good things about MBOX files and how dangerous Windows Live Mail accounts can be. We’ve shown you a lot of great ways to upload Microsoft Live Mail accounts to MBOX files. So, please read through everything and pick out the parts that are most important to you.
How do I export Windows Live Mail to MBOX?
The first thing you need to do to change WLM to MBOX is to use an account that works with MBOX. You can use the Thunderbird email client, which works with the format, to turn WLM data into MBOX files.
You might already know that Windows Live Mail is the account that uses EML files to store its information, even though Thunderbird is the only email client that can open both MBOX and EML files. So, if you want to export your files into the MBOX format, you will first have to import your WLM EML files into the Thunderbird email program.
So, this is the first thing you can do if you want to convert Windows Live Mail to MBOX files. You are welcome to look at the detailed instructions that follow. If you follow all the steps, it won’t be hard to figure out how to upload folders from Windows Live Mail to MBOX.
How to Export Windows Live Mail Messages to MBOX Files Manually?
- Log in to your Windows Live Mail account.
- Select Export EML Files from WLM Account. Select Mail from the File menu, then Options, and finally Mail.
- After choosing the Advanced tab, click the Maintenance button.
- Click the Store Folder’s icon to open it.
- Your message’s entire journey is shown here; feel free to copy and paste it.
- If you now proceed along the path and visit the folder containing the EML files. When you open that folder, it will become clear what I mean. All of the communications are kept in the EML format, as you shall discover.
- It’s time to import the EML files into the Thunderbird application once you’ve located every one of them.
You are now prepared to continue after exporting all of your EML files from Windows Live Mail. It’s time to import all of these EML files into Thunderbird. Therefore, you must first install Thunderbird email software on your PC in order to export Windows Live Mail to MBOX format.
Hopefully, this will be helpful; however, if you still find some difficulty in doing this, then don’t worry, just search ‘American book writing services company and get your work done.
Import EML Files into Thunderbird Account
- Create a new folder in which to put the eml files.
- Click on the newly created folder using the right mouse button.
- Just pick the directory, then click the “Import all messages from a directory” option under the ImportExportTools menu.
- Locate the “eml files” folder on your computer’s desktop.
- Ensure that the directory’s folders are all chosen.
- Every message will be imported with its associated folder structure inside the MailImportedFromGmailAccount folder.
The folder in question will be generated in MBOX format after importing all EML files into Thunderbird successfully. To get your MBOX files in their various forms, you may now export that folder from your Thunderbird account.
Therefore, this is the first way to export Windows Live Mail to MBOX format. However, the procedure takes a lot of time and necessitates hiring a different client in addition to requiring the fulfillment of other tasks.
Therefore, if you find the manual method to transfer Windows Live Mail folders to MBOX confusing, you might want to look into the following method instead. If you search online, you might come across this strategy. It is really easy to use and only requires you to follow a few simple steps to convert WLM to MBOX.
A Direct Way to Change Microsoft Live Mail to MBOX Format
When importing folders from Windows Live Mail to MBOX, the method that takes the least time and effort from the user is to use the Windows Live Mail converter tool. It can change multiple Windows Live Mail messages to MBOX format. It also gives a clear and brief summary of the steps needed to finish the project. We strongly suggest you read through them to learn more about how the program works.
Find out more about how to send Windows Live Mail to MBOX.
- Get the converter for Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird MBOX. After it has been downloaded, make sure the installation is done, and then use the program to change WLM to MBOX.
- After starting the program, go to the Open tab and choose Open Windows Live Mail Accounts or Folder from the drop-down menu on that tab.
- Once you find the WLM folders you want to convert to MBOX, you will need to choose them.
- Once you’ve uploaded all the WLM applications, you’ll be able to look over the data before it’s changed.
- Go to the Export Tab and make your choice there to save your messages in MBOX format.
- If you choose “Browse,” you will be able to choose a folder where the output files will go. Just click the Save button to export Windows Live Mail to an MBOX file.
- You will be told when your WLM files have been successfully changed to the MBOX format.
Exporting Windows Live Mail to MBOX is now much easier. You now have access to the instructions for moving from WLM to MBOX manually. By this you can do things from scratch. You will need to make sure that both your WLM and Thunderbird accounts can be accessed through your device. On the other hand, you can use the automatic method if you don’t want to use any other type of email client. The automated method keeps the folders in the right order and provides a high level of security. You can export a large number of WLM files by following a few simple steps. To learn everything there is to know about the technique; you need to read the whole article.