How to do proper gym cleaning and disinfection in Brisbane? Gyms are characterized by being businesses with a large influx of people, especially those in large cities. The state of alarm due to pandemics and the security measures applied after the pandemic has caused many users to have doubts and fears about the cleanliness of gyms.
For this reason, the SCS Group Cleaning Solution team wants to address this issue and shed some light on the correct and proper procedure for cleaning and disinfecting gyms in the Community of Brisbane.
- 1 Why is it important to properly clean and disinfect a gym?
- 1.1 Contact SCS Group Cleaning Solution for deep cleaning in Brisbane!
- 2 Gym cleaning: areas, steps, and hygiene modes against COVID-19
- 2.1 How to clean the changing rooms of a gym?
- 2.2 How to clean gym lockers?
- 3 Do you need more information about COVID-19 disinfection in Brisbane and the Community of Brisbane? Contact SCS Group Cleaning Solution!
Why is it important to properly clean and disinfect a gym?
Before starting with the steps, areas, and frequency of cleaning a gym, it is important that professional cleaning technicians know why it is important to perform these tasks properly.
As previously mentioned, gyms are areas of the frequent and abundant passage of people. For this reason and to ensure the hygiene and well-being of users, it is recommended to disinfect machines and common areas from time to time.
In short, the importance lies in the user’s safety and its maintenance. Do you have a gym and want to take care of your clients? Then you are in the right place.
Contact SCS Group Cleaning Solution for deep professional cleaning in Brisbane!
Gym cleaning: areas, steps, and hygiene methods against COVID-19
Gyms must be sanitized daily for the reasons discussed above. Next, we are going to mention the most recommended steps to follow to correctly clean and disinfect gym facilities and machinery.
- Keep the areas ventilated and well-conditioned so that users can sanitize themselves when entering and using the machines. Influence safety regulations, the use of a mask, and safety distances.
- Clean gym machines after each use: This point can be done by both facility staff and users.
- Deep cleaning of the facilities at the end of each day: once the gym has closed, the technicians and staff must deep clean the common areas (machine room, cardio room, activity rooms, toilets, bathrooms, dressing rooms, lockers and In fact, it is necessary to specify some points that we will mention below linked to some specific areas.
How do we clean the changing rooms of a gym?
In the specific case of changing rooms, cleaning must be carried out very thoroughly and daily. The reason for this sanitization is no longer only related to COVID-19 since it is also important to prevent the appearance of fungi, dampness, and bacteria. Locker rooms are high-traffic areas where gym users spend a lot of time in this area.
How to clean gym lockers?
The lockers must be used once the client has thoroughly cleaned their hands with the hydroalcoholic gel upon entering the facilities. However, at the end of the day, the team that manages the cleaning must sanitize the knobs, keys, doors, and interior (if possible) of the same to avoid the accumulation of bacteria and dust.
In addition to all these steps and as we have already mentioned, users must have hydro alcoholic gel dispensers and gloves or other accessories freely available, if necessary. And above all, it is necessary to influence the use of the mask and in case of not being forced, that the safety distance is respected.