QuickBooks error PS107 usually takes place when a user tries to download a payroll update. On the occurrence of this error, the user receives an error message, “An internal file in QuickBooks has become unreadable [PS107].” Damage to one of the QuickBooks files is the leading cause of the error. Other reasons behind it are listed in the next section of the blog. Stick to the blog until the end and follow the troubleshooting solutions to get rid of QuickBooks payroll error PS107.
If you require any technical assistance to overcome QuickBooks error PS107, place a call on our customer support number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the QuickBooks technical support team
Let’s Discuss the reasons behind error PS107 in QuickBooks
Following is the list of major factors that trigger this payroll error in QuickBooks:
The payroll subscription is no longer active in QuickBooks.
Presence of damaged QuickBooks file in the folder.
You may also like to read : QuickBooks Error 6147
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Desktop error PS107
Method 1. Get the latest update of the QuickBooks version you are using
- Once your company file is closed, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Start menu.
- Find the QuickBooks icon among the list of programs and right-click it.
- Select the Run as administrator option and then choose the Help menu from the No Company Open window.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Options menu and choose Mark All.
- Click the Save button, move to the Update Now tab and click on the Reset Update checkbox.
- Once all the previous updates are cleared, click Get Updates to start the download. When it completes, restart QuickBooks and install the update.
- After updating QuickBooks, get the latest payroll tax table.
Method 2. Make a backup copy of the QuickBooks company file manually
- Open QuickBooks, go to the File menu and select the Switch to Single-user mode option.
- From the QuickBooks File menu, choose Back up Company and click Create Local Backup.
- On the Create Local Backup window, select Local Backup and choose Next.
- Under the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and choose a location to save the backup company file.
- To save the backup, select OK and click Save it now.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Crashes When Opening Company File
Method 3. Resolve PS107 error by clean installing QuickBooks in Selective startup
- Make sure you have your license number, product year and version.
- To switch your system to selective startup mode, tap the Windows + R keys on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run box.
- Within the Run box, enter msconfig and click OK.
- From the General tab, choose Selective and Load system services.
- Go to the Services menu, mark the Hide all Microsoft services and click the Disable all button.
- Next, mark the Hide all Microsoft services and select Windows Installer from the list of services.
- Select OK, wait till the System Configuration window opens and click Restart.
- Clean install the QuickBooks application and switch your computer back to normal mode.
Hopefully, the methods discussed above will help you fix QuickBooks error PS107. If due to any reasons the issue persists, contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number 1.855.738.2784 for advanced help.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Keeps Crashing