QuickBooks is an accounting software widely used by a lot of businesses. But just like any other software, it is prone to errors and issues. Sometimes, there is file damage in the application that gives rise to the QuickBooks abort error. The error caused the process to be terminated and all the ongoing operations end abruptly. Thus, the QuickBooks abort error message needs to be addressed on a priority basis. If your QuickBooks keeps aborting, you can follow the steps provided in this article to resolve the issue.
Read Also – QuickBooks Company File Not Found
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the issue on your own, contact us at 1.855.738.2784 and get help with the issue from our technical team.
Why Does my QuickBooks Keep Aborting while Working?
If you are getting the QuickBooks abort error, the factors given below might be responsible –
- There is damage to the QBWUSER.INI file or the file is missing.
- The operating system is damaged or it is having some issues which are causing the error.
- Damage to the computer’s hard drive can also cause the error by resulting in storage issues.
- The internet connection is unstable and the user is using a wireless connection.
- Your QuickBooks hasn’t been updated in a long time and needs to be upgraded.
Recommended To Read – Quickbooks Error 6175 0
Addressing the QuickBooks Company File Abort Error
The QuickBooks abort error message can be eliminated with the help of the following solutions –
Solution 1: Mend the QBWUSER.INI File Issues by Modifying the File Name
If your QBWUSER.INI file is having issues, you can fix it by renaming the file.
- Go to the C drive from your Windows File Explorer and enter your username to go to the App Data section.
- Look for your QuickBooks version and find the QBWUSER.INI file in the QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click on the file and select Rename, followed by renaming it.
- Add .OLD at the end as a suffix and hit Enter to save the new name.
Solution 2: Review the Hosting Mode on the Server and the Workstations
Fix the hosting issues by disabling the hosting mode on the server computer and then enabling it again. This will help resolve the QuickBooks abort error.
- On your server computer, go to the QuickBooks File menu and select the Utilities option.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access and disable the hosting mode.
- Go back to the File menu and select the Host Multi-User Access option again to enable it.
- Rerun QuickBooks and see if the application is working properly.
Solution 3: Verify your QuickBooks Data Issues and Rebuild the Data
Use the Verify and Rebuild Data utility if your QuickBooks keeps aborting.
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu and select the Utilities option to find the Verify Data tool.
- Run the tool by hitting OK and wait for it to verify the QuickBooks data.
- Once issues are identified, go back to the Utilities menu and select Rebuild Data.
- Run the repair and once done, access QuickBooks and see if the abort error is resolved.
The QuickBooks Abort Error can be resolved with the help of a few effective steps. Follow the solutions given in this blog, and if the error persists, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our team of experts.
This article written on – https://www.apexarticle.com/