If you have a large number of attachments and want them all to your local drive from Outlook email. But unable to do this work. So do not panic. You are on the right page. We will explain to you the best and easiest way through this blog. So stay here and keep reading and learn how to extract email attachments from PST files.
Now, before starting the blog. Let’s know about the PST file and how many attachment types are there.
Short Definition of PST File and an Attachments
Sharing files with other users should always be done via email. Currently, the majority of users prefer to use Outlook to share emails with others. The PST (Personal Storage Table) files are used to store all of the information from Microsoft Outlook, including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and much more. The PST files function as both an Outlook backup and a constant keeper of the integrity of Outlook emails.
In the second place, An attachment is a file that is delivered along with an email message when discussing email. An attachment could be an image, a Word document from Microsoft, a video or audio clip, an Excel spreadsheet, or any other type of file.
Now, we learned about PST files and attachments. Let’s move on to the solution. So to extract email attachments from PST files there are two types of solutions: a manual and a smart solution.
Solution 1: Extract Email Attachments From PST Files Using Smart Solution
If you want an instant and reliable solution to easily extract all attachments from emails in PST files. So, you can use this Outlook Attachments Extractor Tool. This is a superb and best third-party tool for completing this task. IT Engineers developed this software and Users of this software, whether technical or non-technical, should have no problems using it.
The program has a straightforward GUI interface that makes it simple for users to use and quickly extract PST file attachments. Users can export the attachments from several PST files at once with this expert solution. This software is unbeatable for email item scanning and retrieval.
The ability to export attachments from PST files that are damaged and inaccessible is also useful. This well-designed tool can easily extract the attachments from PST files in both ANSI and UNICODE.
Users can import large PST files and export emails with attachments of any size because there are no restrictions on file size or email attachment size. The program can extract any kind of attachment from PST files, including OST, OLM, OLK & MSG files.
Let’s Understand the Procedure of the Tool.
1. Download, Install & Run the tool to start the exciting process.
2. Now, hit on the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add the PST files.
3. Then, choose the option to extract the attachments.
4. Select the option to maintain folder hierarchy.
5. Press “Extract” to download attachments from Outlook.
Free Demo: This tool gives you a free demo to remove all email attachments from Outlook. The trial version of this tool enables users to grab the first 25 email attachments from each folder.
Solution 2: Extract Email Attachments From PST Files Using Free Method
In the above portion, we explained the third-party tool with its benefits and steps. Now, we are going to explain the manual way. If you are not interested in investing your money in this software, you can utilize this process. Let’s see its steps.
Remember: You have to need Microsoft Outlook installed and configured with a valid profile to perform this procedure.
1. Open your MS Outlook to start this process.
2. Next, open the emails that contain the attachments you want to export.
3. After you have opened the emails, right-click on the attachment of your choice.
4. Choose the location to save the attachments from the PST file by selecting the Save option from the list menu.
5. In order to finish the task, click the OK button.
Point to be noted: With this process, you have to export one attachment from an email at one time. You do not export bulk attachments with these steps.
Let’s Understand the Limitations of the Manual Way:
1. The manual steps consume a lot of time and effort.
2. If you omit a step, it becomes a serious issue.
3. Data corruption and loss are highly likely to happen.
4. It has a file size issue and at one time, you can extract one attachment from one email.
5. Outlook installed on your Computer for these steps.
Extracting a single email attachment is always an easy task to do but in the case of multiple attachments, it’s a bit of a tedious task. So, to make this task easy, in the above write-up, we have discussed all the best ways to extract email attachments from PST files.