The interest rate is a crucial consideration when financing a vehicle purchase. You cannot ignore it. It depends on the principal loan amount and the repayment tenor. The interest rate usually ranges between 9.25% and 14%. You can get this interest rate with leading financing companies. The bike loan interest rate from Bajaj Finance falls within this range.
These tips can bring you the best interest rate on a Bike loan:
- Understand your credit situation- Your credit score significantly impacts the interest rate a lender will offer you. The contrast in interest rates between a borrower with excellent credit and one with bad credit is huge. Wait for some time to apply for a bike loan when your credit score is on the lower end of the scale. Try to raise the credit score before applying for a bike loan. Make timely bill payments and work to keep your credit utilization rate below 30% to improve your credit score. The credit utilization rate is the total credit that you are using. Regularly access your credit report to understand your current credit report. Get information about your payments and credit history. Reviewing your credit report helps you uncover problems and places for improvement.
- Shop around with different lenders- Many lenders will display the conditions and pre-approved rates after you fill out the application form. Spend some time requesting estimates from several lenders. This will give you greater negotiating power. You will be aware of the market rates for the vehicle you’re interested in with your specific credit score. Don’t just consider the specified interest rate. Calculate the total interest you’ll pay throughout the loan based on your loan amount and tenor. Your cost of borrowing will be lower if the total price is lower. A new two wheeler may also have a lower loan interest rate than a used one. Used two wheelers frequently have higher miles, expired warranties, and greater wear and tear. The lenders put the increased chance of mechanical failure into interest rates.
- Add a co-signer- Getting a co-signer with good credit could help you get a better interest rate if your credit isn’t good. Co-signing the loan allows you to borrow the credit score when you ask someone to co-sign your loan application. This helps you obtain a reduced interest rate. Your co-signer will be liable for your debt, and their credit score will suffer if you can’t make your payments.
- Make a bigger down payment- Make a down payment that you can manage. This is the best thing to decrease your loan interest rates. The lender will likely offer you a cheaper interest rate if you make a higher down payment. A higher down payment makes the deal less risky to your lender. You will also pay less interest overall as a result of borrowing less money.
- Shorten your payment term- Try to take on the shortest payback term you can manage with your budget. A short tenor will help you get a lower interest rate. A longer payback term will result in lower monthly payments. This may seem desirable at first. However, you will pay more in total interest because you’re spreading your payments over a longer period.
Using a loan with a higher interest rate won’t help you. You will just end up spending more. A higher interest rate prevents you from taking advantage of other chances. It prevents you from upgrading your living room, enrolling in training programs, or even just taking the family on vacation. You can save more money if you take out a two wheeler loan with a low-interest rate. The second benefit is that a low-interest rate also makes managing repayments easier.
Owning a two wheeler has become quite easy with the advent of instant online loans. It only requires a few basic procedures and personal information to complete the process. You can opt for these steps to receive the lowest two wheeler loan interest rate.
You can apply for a two wheeler loan online or by visiting your preferred lender’s office. The lenders probably give the loan amount after providing certain fundamental documents, like proof of income and identity.
Read More About: How to get a Two Wheeler Loan online