Every year, a large number of QuickBooks users shift their data to QB Online from the QB Desktop application. They do so because QB Online enables them to easily access their data anytime, anywhere. The decision to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online also depends on the business, organizational and financial requirements of the enterprise.
The most reliable and effective procedure to shift from QB Desktop to QB Online has been described in an easy manner in this blog
Do you want to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online? Simply dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QuickBooks Experts Team for prompt assistance.
Easy Step-Wise Procedure to Transfer QB Desktop Data to QB Online
The valid step-wise process to Transfer QB Desktop Data to QB Online is explained as follows:
Step 1: Update Your QB Desktop Application and Prepare the Sales Tax Liability Report
- First and foremost, you must know that QB users are granted a time of 60 days from the day they create the QB Online account to shift their data.
- Now, you must tap the ‘F2’ key on the keyboard immediately after launching the QB Desktop application so that you swiftly get the ‘Product Information’ window on the screen and from that window, you can note the current version of the QB application.
- At this step, you shall obtain the newest version of the QB Desktop application from Intuit’s website,and you must also ensure that the ‘Total Targets’ mentioned in the ‘Product Information’ window are less than 7,50,000.
- In order to view and save the ‘Sales Tax Liability Report’, just go to the ‘Reports’ menu and then carefully click on the ‘Sales Tax Liability’ option provided under the ‘Vendors & Payables’ tab, and thereafter, you only need to choose the ‘All’ option available under the ‘Dates’ menu.
- At this step, choose the ‘Save as PDF’ option located under the ‘Print’ menu, after which you can save the ‘Sales Tax Liability Report’ in your desired folder. This report will later assist you in typing the adjustment entries easily.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 15240
Step 2: Correctly Transfer the QuickBooks Desktop Company File to QuickBooks Online
- Attentively log into the company file with full admin rights that you wish to transfer to QuickBooks Online and then strike the ‘Export Company File to QuickBooks Online’ option located under the ‘Company’ menu,and after that, tap the ‘Start your export’ button.
- At this step, you shall sign into QuickBooks Online Company with complete admin privileges and then you will be able to choose the QB Online Company that will get replaced with the company file under the ‘Choose Online Company’ tab.
- Thereafter, hit the ‘Continue’ button,and at this step, you can also transfer the inventory by simply striking the ‘Yes’ button, and you can choose the ‘No’ button if you want to set up inventory later in the QB Online.
- Now, you shall carefully type ‘Agree’ in the relevant field and then tap the ‘Replace’ button, and finally, you need to tap the ‘Yes, go ahead and replace the data’ button to shift your data to QB Online.
Step 3: Promptly set up various services and connect your bank & credit cards to QuickBooks Online
- As you have now shifted your company file to QB Online, you can go ahead to set up the bank & credit cards in it, and you can also start sending invoices to your various customers.
- To fully utilize QB Online, you can set up the payroll service in it through the correct process.
By following the steps elucidated above in the correct order, you will be able to easily Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online. For more technical support, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QuickBooks Experts Team.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 1603