There are many air filter systems for your home that can keep your home clean and fresh without the hassle of cleaning it more often. In this article, we have gathered a list of the best types of bag filter housing systems.
How To Install a Bag Filter On Your Furnace
If you are looking to install an air filter on your furnace, there are several different types of housings that you can choose from.
The two most popular types of housings for filters are the pleated paper bag and the activated carbon filter. The pleated paper bag is a cheaper option, but it has fewer filtration options and requires more frequent replacement. The activated carbon filter is more expensive, but it is more effective at removing pollutants and needs less maintenance.
To decide which type of housing is best for your home, consider the amount of pollution in your area and the type of air purifier that you have. If you have an air purifier that uses an electronic sensor, then a pleated paper bag may be the best option for you because it does not require any external components. Otherwise, if your air purifier uses a mechanical filter or an ozone generator, then an activated carbon filter may be best for you because it is more efficient at removing pollutants.
Pro’s and Con’s of a Bag Filter System
Pro’s of a Bag Filter Housing:
1. They are easy to install – most come with detailed installation instructions and video guides.
2. They are very affordable, typically costing around $100-$200.
3. They can be used in both small and large spaces, as they can accommodate a wide range of bag sizes.
4. They offer good filtration performance, removing a range of particles including pollen, dust mites, pet dander, and smoke particles.
5. They are quiet when in operation – making them ideal for use in bedrooms or other areas where you want to minimise noise levels.
Con’s of a Bag Filter Housing:
1. Some people find them less aesthetically pleasing than traditional air purifiers with filters attached to the unit itself.
2. Some people complain that they do not necessarily filter out all airborne allergens and pollutants completely – especially if the user has sensitive respiratory systems or is particularly allergy-prone.
Tips for Using a Bag Filter System
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a bag filter housing for your home. The first is the size of the room you’ll be cleaning. A large room will require a larger housing, while a smaller room can be cleaned with a mini housing.
The second factor to consider is the type of air purifier you have. If you have an activated carbon system, then a mini housing is all you need. If you have an electronic air purifier, then a standard or large housing is necessary.
The third factor to consider is the type of filter your housing uses. A pleated filter will work best if your home has high dust levels, while an open-cell foam filter will be better for smaller rooms with low dust levels.