The pilgrimage of char Dham placed in the Garhwali region are thought-about as the foremost sacred places in India: Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri. It is a land of beautiful journeys, holy temples, and sites, Uttarakhand is known as Dev Bhoomi (Land of Gods), drawing throngs of pilgrims and spiritual seekers in search of enlightenment.
These four ancient temples conjointly marks the spiritual supply of 4 sacred rivers as well: watercourse Yamuna (Yamunotri), watercourse Ganga or river (Gangotri), River Mandakini (Kedarnath) and River Alaknanda (Badrinath).
Why Char Dhams
Char Dham’s are the noted four holy places of Hindu Pilgrimages that are close to the lofty peaks of the chain in Uttarakhand. This Hindu pilgrimage Char Dham circuit includes four sites: Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath.
Concerning Char Dham Temples
The good Hindu thinker and reformer Adi Shankaracharya initiated the 4 Dham Yatra in a trial to revive the Hindu religion throughout the eighth century. Now, thousands of devotees from all round the world become a part of it.
2022 Opening and Closing Dates of Char Dham
The Badrinath Temple could be a Shrine of Lord Vishnu, and it’s part of Chota Char Dham and four Dham of India.
- Badrinath Open Date : 08 could 2022 at 6.15 AM
- Badrinath shut Date : November 2022
The Kedarnath Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is a well-liked Hindu shrine and pilgrimage, attracting devotees from all over the world.
- Kedarnath Open Date : 06 May 2022
- Kedarnath shut Date : twenty six October 2022
Gangotri is the source of the Holy watercourse Ganga.
- Gangotri Open Date : 03 could 2022
- Gangotri shut Date : twenty five Oct 2022
Yamunotri could be a place to hunt the blessings of Yamuna and save themselves from the agony of death, as Hindu deity Yamuna is sister of Yama, the God of Death.
- Yamunotri Open Date : 03 could 2022
- Yamunotri shut Date : twenty six October 2022
Chardham Yatra Route
Traditionally, the Chardham yatra is undertaken from the west to the east. the yatra begins in Yamunotri before moving on to Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath.. Pilgrims historically visit Yamunotri and Gangotri and convey with them the holy waters from the sources of the rivers Yamuna and Ganga and supply abhishekams to Kedareshwara.
well-liked Route :
Haridwar – Rishikesh – Devprayag – Tehri – Dharasu – Yamunotri –Uttarkashi – Gangotri – Gaurikund – Kedarnath – Joshimath – Badrinath.
Char Dham Yatra Travel Tips
- Keep in mind to ascertain the precise gap and shutting dates of the Yatra.
- This Yatra holds great importance for over a billion Hindus within the world. It’s advisable that you just remember to be kind on the way.
- Guarantee you’re not littering anyplace on this trip. To ensure the region’s biodiversity, the hills and secluded locations must be forced to remain unbroken in their pristine condition..
- Carry significant woolen garments to safeguard from weather throughout the month of October-November. Carry moderate woolen during Summer Season. Keep in mind to decorate in layers because the weather will change at the drop of a hat within the hills.
- Do carry creams, moisturizers, ointment creams.
- Pack a medical kit with painkillers, antibiotics, cough lozenges, Antiseptic cream, and medicines of your routine medicines.
- keep in mind to pack snacks.
- Don’t travel within the time of year as there are a great deal of landslides throughout that time.
- Alcohol or non-vegetarian food is not permissible during the Char Dham Yatra Tour.