Operating QuickBooks Desktop to manage accounts is easy as the application offers a good user interface and various advanced features. The complications start when user comes across certain errors while using it. QuickBooks error 6000 77 is one such issue that annoys users when they try to access the company file. It appears on the screen with a warning message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).” Let us dig deep into the blog to learn the root causes and solutions to fix error 6000 77 in QuickBooks.
If you do not wish to follow the blog to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 for direct assistance and let them handle the issue for you
What are the major causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error message 6000 77?
- Keeping company files in the damaged QuickBooks folder.
- Opening QuickBooks company file using a corrupt company path.
Tested Solutions to Fix QuickBooks company file error 6000 77
Solution 1. Create the damaged QuickBooks folder again to fix error 6000 77
- Close QuickBooks, go to your desktop and then open C: drive.
- Open the QuickBooks folder, look for the .qbw file and right-click it.
- Select the Copy option, then create a new folder and paste the company file you copied.
- Next, grant permissions to Windows to share the company file and then open QuickBooks.
- Now, you are ready to open the company file from the new location.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Bank Connection Issues
Solution 2. Open QB company file with the help of UNC path
- Locate the QuickBooks icon on your desktop, right-click it and select the Run as administrator option.
- QuickBooks will open showing up the No Company Open screen, go to the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a company file, then Next and head to the left pane.
- Click Network, move to the company file location and select the file to open it.
Solution 3. Resolve issues related to company file by running File Doctor from the QB Tool Hub
- Close company files you have opened, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and access Intuit’s official website on your browser.
- Download the setup file of the recently released QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it to the Downloads folder for easy access.
- From the Downloads, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to successfully install the tool hub on your workstation.
- Open the QB Tool Hub, choose the Company File Issues tab, and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Pick your company file from the drop-down and select the Check your File option.
- Enter login credentials and click Next to start the tool.
This guidance blog on QuickBooks error 6000 77 finishes here. The solutions it covers will help you fix the error forever. If, due to some reason, the error continues or you face any difficulty implementing the solutions, connect with certified QuickBooks professionals for help by calling us on our helpline number 1.855.738.2784.
You may also like to read: QuickBooks Error 6144 82