QuickBooks error 6123 is one of the common QuickBooks errors related to the company’s file. This QuickBooks error 6123, arises when the user tries to restore the backup of the company file. This error disables the user from accessing the company file in the multi-user network mode.
QuickBooks error code 6123 arises with a pop-up display message as:
Some users may find it difficult to deal with the QuickBooks error code 6123. There are some technical factors and reasons which provoke the error. In this post, we will cover all the information about the reasons why the error arises, along with the solution which you can execute to resolve the error. So, stay glued with this post till the end.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 6123 Arise?
Before commencing with the troubleshooting steps, let’s look at why a user may encounter the QuickBooks error code 6123.
- An outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application can be the main reason for QuickBooks error 6123.
- If QuickBooks company’s file (.QBW) gets damaged or corrupted.
- When the QuickBooks Database server manager is not running on your PC.
- When PC’s windows user gets damaged.
- A weak internet connection can also be a reason why the error arises.
- Background active antivirus software on a PC hinders the user from accessing the company’s file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6123
Let’s look at the pointers that can help you identify the QuickBooks error code 6123.
- Unable to launch QuickBooks desktop application.
- PC’s windows are hanging or not responding.
- The mouse and keyboard are not responding to the user’s commands.
- A pop-up message appears on the screen displaying the QuickBooks error code 6123.
Ways to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6123
Once you are aware of all the possible reasons and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6123, let’s briefly understand the solutions you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6123.
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor is an in-built tool of QuickBooks tool hub, which Intuit specifically designs to help the users recover damaged company files and eliminate network issues. This tool can also help you eliminate the QuickBooks error code 6123.
So, given below are the steps that you can follow to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool on your PC:
- First of all, visit the official website of Intuit, and from there, you have to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (22.214.171.124) on your PC.
- Now, open the downloaded file, and then keep following the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your PC.
- After that, double-click the QuickBooks tool hub icon to launch it on your PC.
- Under the menu screen available on the left side of the screen, click on the “Company File Issues” option.
- Now, you have to click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option, which is available in the green color box.
- After that, select your company’s file from the drop-down menu list. If you cannot find your file in the list, click on the “Browse” option to select it manually.
- You must checkmark the option in front of the “Check File Damage Only” option and then click on the “Diagnose File” option.
- Moving ahead, you will be asked to provide the login credentials of your QuickBooks admin account and then click on the “OK” option.
- Now, the repairing process will commence on your screen. This process will take some time, depending on the file size and internet speed.
While repairing, exit the QuickBooks Tool Hub and launch the QuickBooks desktop application. Now, verify if the QuickBooks error code 6123 has been eliminated or not. In case, the error still persists, then try the next solution.
Solution 2. Run Quick Fix My Program Tool
QuickBooks have developed ‘Quick Fix My Program tool’ which helps to refresh the QuickBooks installation files and re-register the installation files and eliminate various QuickBooks program errors, such as 6123.
Here are the steps you can follow to run the Quick Fix My Program tool on your PC to fix QuickBooks error 6123.
- First of all, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- Thereon, click on the “Program Problems” option which is available in the menu list.
- Moving ahead in the process, click on the “Quick Fix My Program” option, which is available in the green color box.
- Now, the repairing process will commence on your device.
- As the repairing process ends, then launch the application again and try to take a backup of the QuickBooks company’s file.
If you still face the QuickBooks error code 6123, move to the next solution.
Solution 3. Rename the QuickBooks Network Data and Transaction Log File
In case, the QuickBooks network or transaction log file is damaged or corrupted, the users might face technical glitches. In this scenario, you can rename the file to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123.
Given below are the steps that you can execute the rename the ND and TLG files:
- First of all, locate the default folder where the company’s files of QuickBooks are saved on your PC. The default location of the company’s file is Users > Public > Public Documents > Intuit > QuickBooks > Company Files.
- Under the company’s folder, search there for the network data file. You may find the file by looking for the extension ending as “.ND”.
- Therein, right-click on the file and click on the “Rename” option.
- After that, type “.OLD” at the end of the name. Now, the new name of the network data file will end as “.ND.OLD”.
- At last, carry out the same steps to rename the Transaction Log File to “.TLG.OLD.”
Launch the QuickBooks desktop application again once you have renamed the file. You need to check and verify if the QuickBooks error 6123 has been resolved or not. In case the error persists, then move to the next solution.
Solution 4. Create a New Windows Admin User
If the windows admin user is damaged or corrupted, the users might face hindrance in switching to the multi-user mode in QuickBooks, which may further lead to the QuickBooks error code 6123.
Given below are the troubleshooting steps that you can execute to create a new windows admin user on your PC.
- First, press the windows start button on your PC and then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Now, in the search lists, you have to click on the “Control Panel” option, and then the control panel will open on your device.
- Therein, you have to click on the “Create New User” option available at the bottom of the page.
- After that, select “Administrator” as a user type, and provide the login credentials to access the email account.
- Then, log out from the existing email account and log in to your windows admin user account by providing the new login credentials.
- At last, open the QuickBooks desktop application and try to restore the backup file.
Once you have executed the solutions mentioned above, you may observe that the QuickBooks error 6123 error is now eliminated.
As demonstrated above, in this blog post, we have covered four tried and tested solutions you can execute to eliminate the QuickBooks error 6123. If the above methods do not help you resolve the error, you can reach out to us through the chat box. Our experienced and professional QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to provide quick and precise solutions for your query.